[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: PAS OE Webspeed compatibility mode - "unable to run web object" without any log errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Judge

@adamy You are correct in that all classic webspeed pages can be served through the CompatibilityHandler and the defaultHandler configuration. This is the logging error that I'm not sure about: 2019-11-04T08:37:59.724-0500 20382154 59834633 1 AS-10 ROOT:w:00000001 LogMgrWrt r INFO: Current session client type MULTI-SESSION-AGENT does not support named logs I'm not sure where in the config it would be set to use a named log, or if this is even related - is this just something that it does when running in compatibility mode? This message comes from the logging component ; you can ignore it. I've tried looking through www.progress.com/documentation but the links from there for openedge and PAS don't ever seem to get into much technical details, just lots of short little articles. There's often linked content but the UX isn't good - opening the Table of Contents can help with related stuff. You will see the error message in a couple of circumstances - can't find the .P on PROPATH , or can't run it. I"m not sure if that's the case. There's a "logNote" function that may record the reason why, but I don't know the Classic WebSpeed code well enough to tell you how to configure it.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.