CIM or eCommerce

David Banks

I need to use data contained in an EXCEL spreadsheet to create Sales orders.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has done this.

Thanks

David

mng

Way too late, but tyhe EDI eCommerce module can be configured to work with CSV output from a speadsheet.
Advantages include the ability to populate all relevant fields using 'business logic' where appropriate (without custom Progress code).

alex28

We offer commercial solutions for Sales Order Entry and other QAD modules, real time solutions:
- Excel spreadsheet, turn key Excel template for SO Entry and printing SO confirmation, packing list, etc
- Web user interface, turn key web applications for internal use (CSR, sales reps, remote offices) and external use (customers, distributors)
- High performance TCP/IP socket interface, other systems/interfaces
- Web services interface, other systems

If interested, please contact me at the number below.

Sincerely,

Alex Kim
32 Soft
1-877-348-5432
MFG/Pro experts & advanced software solutions
http://www.32soft.com

ttobba

The easiest way I have extracted data out of an excel file is with visual basic within excel. If the data in the excel sheet doesnt not move around, you can create a csv file with that data. I have done this before where an excel file has like 40-60 different worksheets in a workbook. The data can be maniulated directly in VB and output to a txt file. Then load the CIM file into MFG/PRO. Now, this worked for me because the women who requested this only would input these values from the excel sheet only twice a year. So she would just send me the cim file and i would load it in. Hope this helps a little bit. If you want the code to move thru excel worksheets i have it. Just message me.