Ads

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
I haven't seen a change. Though I don't know whether that's because of my account or my various browser ad-blockers.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
My experience with ad blockers has been unpleasant. And ads usually don't bother me much. But they are rather heavy handed and intrusive on this site. So I paid for a sponsorship - suggesting that they heavy handed and intrusive gambit works I suppose ;). But I am seeing ads anyway. So I am suspicious that something has change or been broken.

My experience with ad blockers has been unpleasant. And ads usually don't bother me much. But they are rather heavy handed and intrusive on this site. So I paid for a sponsorship - suggesting that they heavy handed and intrusive gambit works I suppose ;). But I am seeing ads anyway. So I am suspicious that something has change or been broken.
I see the sponsor word in Rob and tamhas name, but I don't see it on yours Tom. I see just the word "Curmudgeon". Maybe your sponsorship status ended.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
One of the "benefits" of being a sponsor is that you can pick your title, I believe.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Just FYI, I just logged in from a new laptop (therefore virgin browser with no ad-blocker yet) and I see lots of ads. So Tom, it's not just you.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Rob's trying to show off that he's got a new laptop without actually saying as much... ;)

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Rob's trying to show off that he's got a new laptop without actually saying as much... ;)
It's a hand-me-down Dell laptop to replace my ancient Win7 desktop... not a lot of geek cred there.

And I don't have local admin anymore so a lot of tasks feel like doing surgery while wearing oven mitts. :rolleyes:

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
I was under the impression that paying to be a "sponsor" resulted in no ads. Has that changed?

Yes, that should be the case. Let me check this out, something with how the ads are displayed may have changed which requires a change in the configuration.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I know. I'm suspicious that whatever process is used to renew the subscription and make that link is broken. FWIW my records show that I paid on January 24th.