WRITE-XML() - limitation

RealHeavyDude

Not that I know of - do you hit any limitation or are you just asking?

But, you should consider a ProDataSet as well as the Temp-Tables it contains is a temporary structure that loses much of its fastness when it gets too large to be kept in memory. If that's the case it has to be written to disk (the temporary files which a Progress session creates). You can do some tuning on them but in the end it's disk i/o. I've not done much with that yet but looking into -tmpbsize might give you a starter.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

davidvilla

I am not able to generate the xml beyond the 999th prodataset record. But still I have more than 2000 records in my dataset.

RealHeavyDude

To be honest I have never seen something like that and I did use WRITE-XML() with ProDataSets/Temp-Tables containing more than 999 records. Is your XML well-formed or does it also miss the respective end tags? Does you session crash?

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

davidvilla

Thanks, I found out that the xml was created for all the records in the prodataset, but I didn't see the others because the last one was with the id as "999" because my my id was a character field and the records were alphabetically sorted. My bad.