Question Web Services Question

vdennis

I have been given the task to start looking into using a web service. Our goal is to pass some information, like customer name and company, and have an QR image returned. My first question is this: Is using a WDSL file the only option? Can this data being passed up to the service be an HTML file? For the second question we are really getting a 'text file' of the image, which will in PCL code, so does that also require exclusive use of a WDSL file, or is there another option?

The WDSL example from Progress is much more than our requirements I hope. We received an HTLM file from the vendor but without any documents as how to retrive and text file.

Any thoughts would be helpful.
-Dennis-

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
WSDL is required if, by "web services", you mean SOAP.

If you mean something else then, no, WSDL is not required. But you will probably have to explain a lot more about what you mean by "web services" in order to get meaningful answers.

vdennis

WSDL is required if, by "web services", you mean SOAP.

If you mean something else then, no, WSDL is not required. But you will probably have to explain a lot more about what you mean by "web services" in order to get meaningful answers.

Our problem is right now we don't know for sure what the 'service' is requiring. Only thing I have seen so far is an HTML document with what looks like field information. It did not have the 'tags' like the WDSL files had. So we are waiting. And I am coming into to this with not having been included with the orginal web meetings. Thanks!