How to use program to list out Item vs Safety Stock Qty vs Unit Price
For example
Item Safety Stock Unit Price
-- ------------ --------------
A 10000 1.50
B 0 0.50
C 5000 3.10

Ray Man

What are you trying to find out in your query?
product charactaristics are in the pt_mstr
GL prices are stored in the sct_det.
You can find these tables in your data dictionairy of by using Ctrl f if you are on the field you like to inquire.
good luck

gtmsb

I need to get this as our system look mess
need to browse the screen one by one to check the price and qty

So any idea can help to get the code done? I am not good at coding

Ray Man

If your system looks messy you will complicate mathers with complex query's.
Q-ries are very powerfulle if you want to check prices for items.
If you want to use queries you need 2 things:
1 data dictionary (delivered with your software or you can get it at qad.com)
2 file relations to show how files are interrelated
Without these two "books" you will get lost.

In your situation I suppose that you first have to check if P (purchase) items have prices.
Make a simple querie to begin with.
A. First start with a queries to show you all purchase items. ie for each pt_mstr where pt_?? (Ctrl f to find out name) is "P". display pt_part and pt_desc and pt_??.
If this works then keep thsi querie for other users and go on with te copy.
B. Now you want find price data. I beleive that the sct_det is connected to the pt_mstr by key sct_part. I am not sure so use the file relation pdf to find out the relation. Be sure that the price is "standard".
C. If you have difficulty with the syntax, search at www.qad.com or this site for a simple query. This will help you to define/build your own queries.

i believe this way you will start to learn (and appreciate :) the way QAD did setup mfg/pro. I beleive the setup filosofie of mfg/pro is is one of the most powerfull features of this system.

Good luck, I know you will succeed.

Rio38

I am relatively new to QAD MFG/PRO, but I can try to help you out a little bit or at least try to add to what was already said. Without knowing where you want to pull the Unit Cost from, you can find the part number and the safety stock by using code similar to the following:
Code:
FOR EACH pt_mstr NO-LOCK,
EACH in_mstr NO-LOCK WHERE in_part = pt_part:
DISP
   pt_part COLUMN-LABEL "Part"
   in_sfty_stk COLUMN-LABEL "Safety Stock".

The unit cost really depends because it exists in the Work Order tables mostly. There is a total cost for the part in the sct_det table.

Ray Man

I believe the in_mstr (inventory master) will show you inventory of an item. As I understood it was only necessary to find an item with a safety stock and a price. In that case the first file is pt_mstr, select on pt_sfty_stk (safety stock > 0), second find the costs; find the sct_det where sct_part = pt_part sct_site = pt_site sct_sim = "standard" and now you have to ask someone what to display of the sct_det. I believe you have to make a local variable to sum the values. sorrie, i am a bit rusty after 3 years no mfg. Be sure to have at least a datadictionary to start with!