Progress DB to DB2400

Soundark

Hi,
I have a requirement in my project where, i need to port a few data base tables (with data) from Progress to DB2/400. This is my first project in Progress. Can some one suggest me, how i can achieve this?

The number of records in a table is around 27Million. So i'm asked to find out a method which can handle such huge volume of data with a reasonable time.

In our previous project we have ported data from SQL server to DB2 400. So any suggestion on Porting tables from Progress to SQL server also will help me.

Would be really great if some one can help me out here.

Thanks,
Soundar.

palthe

Well, obviously you need a database connection to the progress database, and in many cases you can use the Progress Openedge 10.1x Driver (OpenEdge) or the Datadirect 4.10 SQL-92 driver (for Progress 9.1E) in your ODBC connections to extract data from the progress database.

I do not know anything about DB2 other than it is an IBM platform, but I suggest if you have this connection setup the right way, you can choose the driver in an interface with DB2 to use it to port the data.

If you need a "super" password for you progress database, use sysprogress / sysprogress.