[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Asynchronous UI with stateless appserver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ian colenutt

Thanks Laura That ties in with the "one WAIT-FOR rule" referred to in various forums: knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P12116 So to clear things up... For me with my regular GUI example (not .NET) I can't WAIT-FOR after each request as it delays the widget triggers APPLY and could lead to STOP errors. However since the request objects are scoped to my window I need to let them all process before window close to prevent 8982 errors on reponse. You're saying these days I can use either WAIT-FOR or PROCESS-EVENTS to safely do this, or is there some way of letting the GUI WAIT-FOR handle them that I'm missing? For Patrick / Rutger on the Appserver it seems that using the WAIT-FOR between each request would effectively be the same as running each request synchronously. But you're saying after the requests have been sent they're better off using WAIT-FOR if required as it's more efficient than PROCESS-EVENTS.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.