[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Asynchronous UI with stateless appserver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ian colenutt

Ahh thanks Laura Stern that WAIT-FOR in the documentation example completely threw me. As you say it's a little misleading - ideally there could be a separate example specific to not locking up a UI (since this is a common use case for Async). I've removed the WAIT-FOR and can now make multiple async requests, with the EVENT-PROCEDUREs completing in time. I now just need to either tidy up after myself or do something persistent as I'm getting 8982 errors if I close the window when there are outstanding async requests. Ideally I want to create an isolated resuable piece of code that any window can access in order to: - create a new connection for async requests ( if there isn't one already for the window ) - call remote procedues from various GUI triggers and store the reponse in a global variable / property - access the variable / property e.g. on OK press was the mobile phone validation - process events & disconnect when closing a screen to prevent any errors I will update the thread with my progress but any other advice much appreciated :)

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.