Error while connecting Progress DB through JDBC Driver

Pavan Yadav

Hi All,

I am trying to connect Progress DB through JDBC connection, but for some ids it allows me to make connection and for some it doesn't.
Is there any Table or setup done in which permissions are defined in Progress DB at system level?

Thanks & Regards,
Pavan

RealHeavyDude

I am still not positive what you mean by it does work for some ids and for some not.

Anyway, there is no definition on a "system" level for the SQL access to a Progress database. It must be configured on the database level. As Progress is not an SQL database in the first place, especially SQL security must be configured for each database individually. Out-of-the-box, in order to be able to successfully connect via SQL (JDBC or ODBC) for the first time you can either use the login credentials of the OS account under which the database was created or, if you don't know that, you can set up the SYSPROGRESS special user manually in the data administration tool. Both these users will have DBA privileges and you can set up the individual user accounts and grant them the necessary privileges from there.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.