Design option is diabled in NETUI 2.9.4

sandygenie

Design option is disabled in NETUI 2.9.4

Hi Experts,

I have a NETui 2.9.4 installation for eb2 Sp5.
When i right click on any menu point i see that the Design button that's part of the drop down list is disabled.

Any suggestion on why this happens and how it can be enabled?

Regards,

joerocket

Re: Design option is disabled in NETUI 2.9.4

I'm not really an expert, but we recently upgraded to v2.9.4 and had the same problem.
Turns out, during the install I specified the wrong name of the security group allowed to edit the UI.

sandygenie

Joe,

Where and what did you change to fix this. Can you tell me so that i can also check the same place if it gives me some clue of what the problem could be.
Any particularfile name or path that i need to look for?

Regards,

joerocket

It's a prompt during the .NET v2.9.4 install routine, there's probably an .XML file somewhere*, but you can change it from within QAD.

In QAD go to the "Configurable Screens" program. Under Configurable Screens Setup you will see UI Design Group. Enter the security group name that you use for restricting access to the design features, and make sure you are a member of that group.

configured_screens.png

*found the XML file: /<your_interface_dir>/com/mfgpro/configxml/qaddb/control.xml

sandygenie

Joe,

Yes that was the problem.

I searched further on that and i got an article in KB AA-52295 and it had steps on how to fix it.

It working now.

Thanks for your guidance.

Regards,