Create a Webservices with OE 10.0B

rguerrer

Hi,

I wolud like to share my information from my DB to another applications. How can I do that with webservices? Do you know how to create a webservices with Progress 10.0b or when i can find information about it.

I neve been development with webservices.

Thanks a lot.

jongpau

Hi,

I wolud like to share my information from my DB to another applications. How can I do that with webservices? Do you know how to create a webservices with Progress 10.0b or when i can find information about it.

I neve been development with webservices.

Thanks a lot.
Hi,

I have not done it myself (yet), but am also looking into what is involved. You can find information on psdn (www.psdn.com) on web services.

One thing I did pick up at the recent Progress Conference here in Australia is that it is (unfortunately) not a straight forward thing to do (they could not get the demo to work at the conference.....) It is also not an "out of the box" solution and you will need additional (Java servlet) software to get it all to work.

I am possibly considering a different approach, where I would create the web service in .Net and make calls to Progress AppServer objects through proxies. Whether or not this would be successful (and give sufficient performance) is yet to be determined.

Anyway, have a look at the various presentations and white papers on psdn.

Good luck!

Paul