How to solve looping problem

lkeller

Hello,

I'm looking for some assistance on how to solve a looping issue with a query. I'm trying to create a list of all products, the total quantity in inventory for all warehouses, max invoice date and max PO receipt date regardless of which warehouse it occurred in. I'm creating a temp table to get all the unique product numbers and then doing a for each on the ICSW table. My problem is I need to limit which warehouses I query against as there are some that need to be excluded if their ecommecerty flag is not equal to "Y". If I query ICSD before ICSW then the inventory quantity being calculated is a multiple of the number of warehouses which isn't correct. The whse field is character. I also tried doing a can-do on the for each icsw for the whse field but got zero results which is not correct. Any suggestions on how to solve this?

I have two tables:
ICSW -this table contains all product information for products setup within the warehouse
ICSD - this contains all of the warehouses for a company

ICSW has a unique index of cono, whse, product.
Code:
def temp-table tt-stale-inv
    field mfgno             like icsp.prod
    field descrip           like icsp.descrip3
    field qtyavail          like icsw.qtyonhand init 0
    field vendor            like apsv.name
    field listprice         like icsw.listprice  init 0
    field lastrcptdt    like icsw.lastrcptdt
    field lastinvoice   like icsw.lastinvdt
    field monthsold     as   int
index tk-staleinv is primary unique
        mfgno.

for each icsp where
        icsp.cono = 10 and
        icsp.statustype = 'A'
no-lock:

find tt-stale-inv where
          tt-stale-inv.mfgno = icsp.prod
         exclusive-lock no-error.
        if not avail tt-stale-inv then do:
        create tt-stale-inv.
        assign
        tt-stale-inv.mfgno = icsp.prod
        tt-stale-inv.descrip = string(icsp.descrip[1] + " " + icsp.descrip[2]).
        end.

end.

for each icsw where
          icsw.cono = 10 and
          can-find(first icsd where icsw.cono = icsw.cono and icsd.whse = icsw.whse and icsd.ecommercety = 'y' no-lock)
          no-lock:

Last edited by a moderator:

Osborne

This line is the cause because you have icsw.cono = icsw.cono:

Code:
can-find(first icsd where icsw.cono = icsw.cono and icsd.whse = icsw.whse and icsd.ecommercety = 'y' no-lock)

Change to icsd.cono = icsw.cono - you also do not require the no-lock for a can-find:

Code:
can-find(first icsd where icsd.cono = icsw.cono and icsd.whse = icsw.whse and icsd.ecommercety = 'y')

lkeller

This line is the cause because you have icsw.cono = icsw.cono:

Code:

Change to icsd.cono = icsw.cono - you also do not require the no-lock for a can-find:

Code:
can-find(first icsd where icsd.cono = icsw.cono and icsd.whse = icsw.whse and icsd.ecommercety = 'y')
Thank you so much for the quick response and for the solution. This worked perfectly!