CIM TOOLS Excel sheet samples

cdassy_home

Hi,
I'm going to upgrade to eB2.1 SP4 .NET UI 1.1, I actually use V9.0 charactere version, and I can't use the standard QAD migration due to lot of change in data structure (AVG method to Standard GL method, Change in the GL key...) , so I decide to use CIM to fill the new database...(extract from v9 into Excel sheet, modifing some data, then creating CIM with CIM/Tool application, and 36.15.1 / 36.15.2 in eB2.1 version)
I know how to use CIM Tools (with Excel sheet) but I would like to know is there aren't some samples available somewhere, due to my lack of time to do all the CIM files...
If someone can help ?
Thanks in advance, and sorry for my "poor" english, I'm French...
Christophe

John.Hogendoorn

Hello Christophe,

here is a zipfile containing our original cim-load of MFG/Pro EB.
keep in mind that this was customized to our specific needs.
We don't use any production, so you won't find any cimfiles for those, we only use sales and services, financicials and inventory.
The sheets are numbered in the right sequence to create our database through CIM.
Some sheets are empty, because we entered those manually.
good luck with the conversion.
could you let me know your experience with the conversion, because we are planning to do a conversion ourselves, if EB 3 is available.

john

Attachments

• cim-files.zip
    393.3 KB · Views: 768

cdassy_home

Thank you very much, I will look at your files on monday...
I will send you my comment on our conversion which is planned on 1st june...
I will keep you inform.
Regards,
Christophe

software_mukesh

hi john
how are you.I think you are great you make my probs very simple just by giving zip files......it had helped me a lot..........
thanku once again john
Thanks & Regards
Franky....

adidasprince

Does any one know what this CIM2000.xls tool come from?
What is the license of it?
Should it be separately purchased from QAD?

As far I know it was developed in 90's by a UK based company logarithm , passed on to TRW then to QaD ..some where it came in to public domain...so I believe it has become free for all.