Problems with the Upgrade

Hi Chris,

Seem to be seeing smilies within code segments eg:

Code:
window-name:DISABLE = true.

Not sure if this has always happened but a logical option for code segments would be no smilies.

Simon.

Crittar

Chris,

I'm still seeing posts from other databases in view new posts - I'm sure I saw a comment from you that you had turned this off, did I dream that or is there a problem?

Chris,
I seem to be having problems using numbered bullets
What should come out as(hard coded)
1. This is a test
2. This is another
Comes out as (numbered bullets)[*]This is a test[*]This is another

Keep up the good work. It's greatly appreciated.

Crittar

Chris,

I spotted a problem this morning:

If you try to add to someone's reputation it now comes up with the error

Parse error: parse error, expecting `']'' in /www/progresstalk.com/htdocs/reputation.php on line 306

Not by any means a major problem but I just thought I'd let you know.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Chris... the parse error with reputation is fixed now... I've upgraded the site to beta 4 as well, which should fix most of the other remaining issues.

Let me know if you see anything else :)

Crittar

Chris,

I don't know if this is a new problem but:

When I select the quick reply option the thread title is not copied over into the new post (not major I know). However, this can mean that if a message is imported from PEG with a blank subject it can be linked to a totally unrelated thread (see recent thread on 'phonetic search' for an example).

Crittar

Chris,

I'm not sure if this is a problem or whether folks are just ignoring me :)

I have sent out a few private messages but had no reply to them.

Is private messaging working?

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously there is a major upgrade installed today... this is the new layout and templates for the board. It's going to take a while to get some new colorized images so the theme matches. Also, there are now 4 color schemes you can choice from at the bottom of the forum.