Problems with the Upgrade

Crittar

That's great thank you Chris. Dare I say though: The link in question (at the bottom of each page) is one of those which shows as black on dark blue and so is difficult to read.

Crittar

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
Ok, the quick reply is now fixed so that the "Quote Message in Reply" is off by default...

Chris,

I just did a quick reply but this time I wanted to quote the original message so checked the box - unfortunately it didn't pick up the original message for the quote.

Still picks up the message ok if you select reply rather than quick reply.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, it was difficult to read... I've extended the page table, so the text and links at the bottom are now in an off-white area, making them much easier to see and read :)

When I reply either using quick reply or the standard reply I get the following error
Warning: Compilation failed: reference to non-existent subpattern at offset 0 in /www/progresstalk.com/htdocs/includes/functions_wysiwyg.php on line 73

Browser is IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp1

Thanks

Toby

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks... that seems to be a bug when using the wysiwyg editor or reply along with running the newest version of PHP (4.3). I've reported this issue.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
I just installed a large number of program changes last night, so keep your eyes open for any bugs. Hopefully this will fix a few issues, although I know there are still some others outstanding.

Crittar

Chris,

If we spot any bugs which were outstanding before do you want them reporting again (in case they should have been fixed)? or do you only want new ones reporting?

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
No just any new problems you come across... I'm keeping a list of reported problems to check off when I see they've been fixed. I know the reply error message is still an issue at this point.

bendaluz2

I seem to be stuck next to Chris in the reputation sort now. What does this mean?

Originally posted by Crittar
Chris,

Seems to be working fine...

With one minor exception:

You don't appear in the correct place when sorting by reputation, is this something to do with you being an administrator? c'mon man, take the credit due to you!!

Crittar

Bendaluz,

I sent Chris a pm about this as it seems that the reputation sort still has problems and I didn't want to clutter the thread up with multiple reports on this. Chris is aware of it and informs me that it is still being worked on.

bendaluz2

Ok, no worries, just thought it was thought to be fixed cos no one had mentioned it for a while.

Also, on the get new posts view, could we have a bit more description on the forum column. When looking at the list, its not always clear what you are going to be looking at. I think it currently just displays the lowest level in the forum category tree, it would be more helpful if it showed the top level too, so like PEG/General

Bendaluz,

I sent Chris a pm about this as it seems that the reputation sort still has problems and I didn't want to clutter the thread up with multiple reports on this. Chris is aware of it and informs me that it is still being worked on.

Crittar

Chris,

I asked a while ago if you had plans to block posts from PEG/Usenet from 'view new posts' to which you responded that plans were afoot for this. How's that going?

Crittar

Originally posted by bendaluz2
Why aren't my & lt; and & gt; being translated:

http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=55977

Bendaluz,

I've never tried using & lt; or & gt; - I assume they should be translated as less than and greater than signs respectively?

Before posting this I did a preview reply and they translated correctly for me (as here &lt; &gt;) But also - I can type the < > signs directly and they seem to work (at least on preview reply).

bendaluz2

Yeah, I tried the same when I posted the problem, and they worked fine on this thread, but not on the one I quoted. I knew you could type the < and > directly now, but many other forums and web based services dont allow this, so I am in the habit of using & lt; and & gt;

Bendaluz,

I've never tried using & lt; or & gt; - I assume they should be translated as less than and greater than signs respectively?

Before posting this I did a preview reply and they translated correctly for me (as here &lt; &gt;) But also - I can type the < > signs directly and they seem to work (at least on preview reply).

bendaluz2

This works fine, thanks :) But......

Currently, clicking the progresstalk logo or "home" at the top of the page takes you to index.php, and clicking Progresstalk.com at the bottom takes you to home.php. I would find it more useful if there was a link to each both at the top and the bottom. Its also confusing that clicking "home" doesnt take you to home.php - maybe thats just me :)

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
Ok, that page is back now, it's available at http://www.progresstalk.com/home.php or by clicking on the ProgressTalk.com Home link at the bottom of every page.