Problems with the Upgrade

Crittar

Chris,

How are things going with the bug fixes? It all seems to have gone quiet.

The one which annoys me most (for what it's worth) is the fact that PEG and Usenet posts are still coming through into new posts.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
They are still working out more of the bugs, and I'm updating the scripts a couple times a week with bugs fixes. I've identified what needs to be changed to exclude the PEG/Usenet forums from new posts, but probably won't be able to make that change until the software stabilizes and I'm updating less often.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
I would, but the developers aren't keeping a change log at this point since this hasn't been released to the public yet.... once it starts up a public beta process, I'm sure they will package releases with a list of what's been fixed, and I'll post them.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
I just installed another round of updates. The biggest change you'll see from this is an almost completely re-written search engine. This should be more powerful, faster, and hopefully easier to use then the old one.

The downside is I am now rebuilding the search index for the board, so the search index will be incomplete for a while until the rebuild process is finished.

Enjoy :)

bendaluz2

Got this replying to a private message:

Warning: Compilation failed: reference to non-existent subpattern at offset 0 in /www/progresstalk.com/htdocs/includes/functions_wysiwyg.php on line 76

bendaluz2

Also got it when I just posted that \
|
|
V

Originally posted by bendaluz2

Warning: Compilation failed: reference to non-existent subpattern at offset 0 in /www/progresstalk.com/htdocs/includes/functions_wysiwyg.php on line 76

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, yes I've reported this already... seems to be a compatability problem between the wysiwyg editor code and PHP version 4.3.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
I just installed another update, the reported Warning when posting/replying is still an open issue though.

One notable improvement is you can have multiple attachments on a single post now. There's a "manage attachment" link that displays a window where you can upload attachments or delete them.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by bendaluz2

This should be fixed now :)

Crittar

Chris,

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for this comment but I'm not sure where else to put it:

Would it be posssible to turn off smilie codes on postings imported from other forums? I've noticed on some of the one's from PEG that smilies appear in places where text would be more useful.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Crittar said:
Chris,

Still seeing smilies in some of the imports.

Chris
I just turned them off for all of the PEG forums, however the old imported posts may still have the smilies parsed since a post-parsed version of the posts are now store for better performance. Let me know if you see any new imported posts with smilies.

Crittar

Chris,

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the upgrade or not but here seemed to be as good a place to log it as anywhere:

I replied to a thread recently (and so became subscribed to it). Although someone else replied to the thread I did not receive the email notification that I would normally expect to receive. I have checked in my user cp and the sunscription is listed so the problem would seem to be with the notification process.

Crittar

Chris,

I was browsing through the members page this morning and I notice that a lot of new members have 'reputation off' I seem to recall this occurring before and you changing the default to be reputation on - is this my faulty memory odr has something reverted?