Problems with the Upgrade

bendaluz2

Dunno if id call it a problem really, but its a problem for me. I cant read the post header information because the text is black on dark blue

Crittar

Originally posted by bendaluz2
Dunno if id call it a problem really, but its a problem for me. I cant read the post header information because the text is black on dark blue
I have to agree with Bendaluz2: Some of the colour schemes are difficult to read.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Are you talking about the dark blue strip above each post, where it has the date/time on the left and post title on the right? This should be white text, not black... but if it is black then that's a problem (I'd have trouble reading that too!).

I'll probably be doing some work on the style in the next few weeks.

Crittar

Chris,

Yes the dark blue strip and also in various other places - if you select 'add reputation' for example that also has black text on a dark blue background.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Oooh, thats interesting. I'm at home now, and it is white text on dark blue
What browser and version are you using at work and at home? It might be a problem with certain browsers...

bendaluz2

ie5 at work, and i'll let you know when I get home :awink:

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
What browser and version are you using at work and at home? It might be a problem with certain browsers...

Crittar

Not major

Chris,

By no means a major problem but if you try to sort the members screen by reputation it doesn't seem to work. It seems to sort just by username if you try to sort by reputation.

bendaluz2

I thought that, but everyone is likely to have 0 reputation to start with, so this could be a valid result. But, on second thoughts, I know i've added a bit of reputation for at least one person, so i'd expect to see that

Originally posted by Crittar
Chris,

By no means a major problem but if you try to sort the members screen by reputation it doesn't seem to work. It seems to sort just by username if you try to sort by reputation.

Crittar

Bendaluz,

If you hover your cursor over the little green button alongside the name in each post it gives a 'reputation status' - from that I know there are people out there with reputation, just that the sort doesn't seem to reflect this.

bendaluz2

Ah, I thought that was just some cryptic thingy. I thought there would be different icons for differing reputation, so you could see easily. If there isn't, maybe there should be?

Bendaluz,

If you hover your cursor over the little green button alongside the name in each post it gives a 'reputation status' - from that I know there are people out there with reputation, just that the sort doesn't seem to reflect this.

Crittar

Ah, I thought that was just some cryptic thingy. I thought there would be different icons for differing reputation, so you could see easily. If there isn't, maybe there should be?

Could be a good idea but I suspect it would be difficult to manage - a halo over your avatar if you get a high enough reputation maybe? :awink:

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
ie5 at work, and i'll let you know when I get home :awink:

Thanks... there may be a few style/color issues until the final version is released, but I'll try to fix these issues up asap.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Chris,

Thanks, I've started a bug list for the developers and will add this in. Even though most people have a neutral reputation to start with now, it should show those that "are on a distinguished road" at the top ;)

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Could be a good idea but I suspect it would be difficult to manage - a halo over your avatar if you get a high enough reputation maybe? :awink:
Actually the little green dots below your avatar next to the post count show your reputation. Right now it's a single dot for everyone, but you get more dots the more reputation you have ;)

bendaluz2

I have, on numerous occaisons, used &lt and &gt to do greater than and less than signs in my posts. These are no longer being translated and just appear as &lt and &gt

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
I have, on numerous occaisons, used &lt and &gt to do greater than and less than signs in my posts. These are no longer being translated and just appear as &lt and &gt
Testing > and <

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you need to use "&amp; lt ;" and "&amp; gt ;" without the spaces.... you are missing the ";" at the end ;)