Upgrading to OE 11

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
I shot myself in the foot. I will just need to sign up again. You can't get eval. Version if you already purchased oe 11.

Cecil

I'll try again this morning. But yesterday I was denided because my current login worked out that I already purchased OE 11. I could only choose from a list of other eval products available.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Seems daft since you want to try PDS and don't have PDS, but if you get stuck, ask your rep for an eval. He or she can certainly get you one.

Cecil

Yup just tried again by creating a new user and I still got the warning message:

Our records indicate that you already have an entitlement for Progress® OpenEdge® 11.0. Please make another selection and try again or login to download your product.

I've just sorted it out. I had to clear the cookies from the browser. Cross user session conflict. Logged in as user 'B' but had access to user 'A'.

Stefan

Both the premier and professional both costs $8015 + GST (15%) per year. That works out about $154 per week. Ouch.

However I can trade in my WebSpeed Workshop Licence for the Progress Development Studio (OE architect concurrent licence) and pay $7839 + GST.

What I'm still not sure is, would I be able to use 'Progress Development Studio' for web development (i.e. SpeedScrip)? .

Wow - what's the Big Mac index doing in New Zealand? That's about 50% more than the Dutch list price (it's not called 'going Dutch' for nothing ;)).
Another strange difference is that the Dutch Premier subscription price is roughly half the Professional subscription price (but you must be an application partner to get the premier subscription).

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Straight conversion, one would expect about 3700 NZD and 2300 Euro.

No idea why there should be a price premium for the PSDN SDK outside the US.

Cecil

I think the problem regarding price is that my sales rep (Team Progress) is a reseller of Progress Software so they are entitled to add a 50-100% markup on all of the Progress Software products.

If I tried to contact Progress Software directly in Australia they would redirect me back to Team Progress in New Zealand. Before now I've never released that I was paying more than the rest of the world. Not fair :mad:

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Or even fair ...

That kind of markup seems unconscionable to me. Even small time APs ... guess we are being called ISVs now ... get a pretty substantial discount on Progress products ... enough so that I never felt bad about how much I was making when I sold at list. I'm sure a distributor is getting a much bigger discount than I get.

Some other numbers to make you wince.
PSDN Premier is $1500 USD per seat, minimum 5, i.e., $7500 for 5 seats or less than 9200 NZD
Workgroup DB is $200 per user, minimum 5
Enterprise DB is $585 per user, minimum 5