Session:suppress-warnings

Hi All,

Simple question I hope.

I want to set SESSION:SUPPRESS-WARNINGS=YES as a default whenever I start the uib.

Can someone remind me where I can do this without having to have it in a .p that fires off the shortcut?

Cheers

dayv2005

Hi All,

Simple question I hope.

I want to set SESSION:SUPPRESS-WARNINGS=YES as a default whenever I start the uib.

Can someone remind me where I can do this without having to have it in a .p that fires off the shortcut?

Cheers

Not to sure but can't you et that in the ini file that your shourcut to the dsktop enviroment is running from. ANd if you are using the registry settings, then in there as well.

im not sure though that's just my guess

I tried adding SUPPRESS-WARNINGS=yes in the ini file and and also tried adding a registry entry under 9.1E\startup without success...

Thanks for the suggestions though.

dayv2005

I tried adding SUPPRESS-WARNINGS=yes in the ini file and and also tried adding a registry entry under 9.1E\startup without success...

Thanks for the suggestions though.

HOw about if you are trying to supress them from the client, then use the noincrwarn startup param?

HOw about if you are trying to supress them from the client, then use the noincrwarn startup param?

Thanks for the suggestion.

The message I am really trying to get rid of is:
WARNING: More than 1 action code segment used in o:\programs.gui\am_client.r. (9430)

noincrwarn seems to suppress messages 5047-5410

dayv2005

Thanks for the suggestion.

The message I am really trying to get rid of is:
WARNING: More than 1 action code segment used in o:\programs.gui\am_client.r. (9430)

noincrwarn seems to suppress messages 5047-5410

Oh ok If you figure that out will you let me know how. I have that same issue with this recompiling software we have.

The easy answer is have a .p file that starts your uib from the desktop shortcut ie -p start_uib.p, something like

SESSION:SUPPRESS-WARNINGS=YES.
RUN "c:\program files\progress\gui\_ab.p".
QUIT.

In the perfect world I would like to set-and-forget this parameter.

Will let you know if I find a way...