Sales Order Delete

gtmsb

I am using EB version
I have a lot of sales order need to be cancelled.
Is there any way i can delete the entire sales order without deleting one by one?
The sales order has been confirmed

oldemanw

As far as I know, there is no batch delete for sales orders.
When nothing has been shipped, the sales order can be deleted at header level.
When something has been shipped, the only way is via Invoice print and Invoice post.

oldemanw

AFAIK there is no batch delete in Sales Orders. Press Ctrl-F in a sales order to find out:

┌──────────────────────────── Program Information ─────────────────────────────┐
│ Table.Field: so_mstr.so_ord_date │
│ Description: Sales Order Master │
│ Field Label: Order Date │
Batch Delete Active: No
│ Generalized Code Validation: No │
│ Password Validation: Yes │
│ Program Name: sosomt.p pan b │
│Execution List: /eb21_OE/SP4/cust/us/so/sosomtp.r │
│ /eb21_OE/SP4/cust/us/so/sosomta1.r │
│ /eb21_OE/SP4/cust/us/so/sosomt1.r │
│ /eb21_OE/SP4/cust/us/so/sosomt.r │
│ Term: ORDER_DATE │
│ Long Label: Order Date │
│ Frame: b │
│ User Name: User ID: │
│ Domain: SSO EMEA │
│ Currency: EUR System Date: 08/01/08 │
└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

jp.wang

Maybe you can cimload to set the open SO qty as zero to "close" those SO first, then physical delete those SO manually.

rohitbhoir

In sales order maintenance 7.1.1 goto the third frame of the order you want to delete (order date starts here) and then press ctrl-d to delete the entire sales order.

remmyenny

Hi Chari,

Could you pls take me thru it. Im actually looking for an automated way to delete unused sales order. Any known way out? Thanks

As I said there is no automated way , you can do it in 3 steps, CIM change order qty to zero and do a print & post.

Simple is delete it manually.

I would hit the database directly & delete it but will not recommend to freshers.

sanjus

hello there,

how many orders are we talking about? if there handful 20-25 orders, then manual deletion is the way to go to keep the database & functional integrity.

however, if there are 100's of orders that you would want to delete, then it is time consuming and error prone.

Couple of my clients had the same issue where they accidentally thru CIM created hundreds of unwanted orders and the clean-up would have taken them ages to complete, not to mention their Sales Order Reporting went for a toss.

As a professional consulting firm, we do provide services to delete the unwanted sales orders thru a custom program which reads the order numbers from a file and deletes it - completely maintaining the data checks as well as the database/functional integrity of the system.

give me a shout, if you need further help,

-sanju

sanjus

Please contact me off-line with your contact details and i can provide you the details.

The pgm is special utility written specifically for deletion of Sales Orders only and is progress based. As mentioned, it does check all the functional integrity and validations before deleting the order.

It will read an ascii file with all the sales order numbers and then do the validation and delete the sales order (including lines) if it passes all the checks.