Progress Products

I have attempted to look at the Progress web site for a list of Open Edge products and have not found any useful information. I am probably not looking in the right area. What I wish to find out is if Open Edge was any products that are similar in content to the ProVision product of the past. I have an app that needs progress to run, but there will be no development/compiling, etc. occurring. I wanted to look at the product list, but could not find it.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Well, the product line and naming has certainly evolved since ProVision ... but I am a bit confused by your statement since ProVision was entirely a development tool, which doesn't match your description. The current product corresponding to ProVision is OpenEdge Architect. OpenEdge Studio still exists, but is fading.

For pure deployment you need either the workgroup or enterprise databases ... which will give you ChUI. If you have fat ABL clients then you need Client Networking. If you have a client/server architecture then you need AppServer. If you have .NET, Java, browser (RIA or not), clients then you need AppServer.

Give me more specifics and I can help do some configuration.

Stefan

The cheapest license you can get that will give you a Progress run-time is Progress Client/Networking. If you need a database you will at least also need Progress OpenEdge Personal RDBMS. If the database and the client are on the same machine you may only need the database product, but I'm not sure.

I was trying to determine the LEAST of a potential customers licensing. They ended up buying the OE Suite, so this is now a non-issue.