[progress News] [progress Openedge Abl] 3 Demos To Put A “spark” In Your Data Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Idaliz Baez

Idaliz Baez presents three demos for Spark data integration including JDBC Apache SQOOP, ODBC SparkSQL and Salesforce Spark DataFrames.

What is Apache Sqoop?

Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases. This project successfully graduated from the Incubator in March of 2012 and is now a top-level Apache project.

In this first demo, I will show you how to ingest external data into Hadoop using Apache Sqoop and the DataDirect JDBC drivers.

Why Use DataDirect Drivers When Sqoop Has Out-of-the-Box External Database Support?

Although Apache Sqoop has a certain level of out-of-the-box support, this support is very limited. Here are some of the key features you are missing out on if you stick with out-of-the-box capabilities:
3-demos-to-put-a-spark-in-your-data-integration49b872a59d76458bad3a79ea0e137c3c.png

Unlocking Hadoop Data and Spark DataFrameworks Support

Unlock Hadoop Data Through Spark SQL to Any BI/Reporting App

In the second demo, I’m going to walk you through accessing Hadoop data through Spark SQL with any of your beloved BI/Reporting applications.

How can Progress DataDirect Help You With Spark DataFrameworks?

To conclude the demos, I will show you how to access data for Spark across relational, cloud, SaaS and NoSQL data sources utilizing JDBC connectivity.

Watch the Video

Optimize Your Data Connectivity Framework Today

In these demos we discussed JDBC connection to Apache Sqoop, ODBC connection to SparkSQL and Salesforce Spark DataFrames. If you would like to test any of these solutions for yourself, we offer free trials for each of them! Get started with high-performance data connectivity today!

Try Now for Free

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.