Progress is very slow

quadacodac

Hi everyone,

All users (about 15 users) are complaining because powerware (powergui) is very slow.

Powerware and progress is not something I'm very familiar with. We've been running a progress database for years (with powergui - powerware clients) But everything has been installed by the Progress provider / vendor.

Basically, the requirements, according to them, were to run progress on a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 / 3GO / Xeon 3Ghz server. They keep telling us it should'nt be that slow but they're not of much help figuring out what exactly is the problem.

Here is what I can provide, but please feel free to ask me if you need to know anything else. I don't really know where to look at to get all the information you might need to help.

11 _mprosrv.exe processes are running

CPU ressources are used but not extensively (between 20% to 45% peek)

The network is not an issue as far as I can see (1Gbits but never more than 5% is used)

The database and all progress syste, is on a VM which stored on a MD3000i SAN with SAS drives. Several read and write tests have been made.

I can see 8 PowerGUI.x files and one Powergui.db files

The size of each powerGUI.x file is between 0.5GB and 2GB for a total of 8GB

Thank you

RealHeavyDude

Unfortunately, as I am completely oblivious to powerware too, from the information you give there's nothing I can tell.

For a starter it is essential to know the Progress/OpenEdge version you are running.

Since you posted this in the DataServers and ODBC form I'll take it that powerware connects the Progress database either via ODBC or JDBC. Is that correct?

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.