[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Re: Removing Views (navigation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jts-law

Edsel, Thanks for the update. I started working on this today and am still working through the best way to implement in our app. In our app, I have implemented rules stored in the DB. In the current code (that needs to change to your new methodology), I invoke a function to return the rules for the menus. The menu items (Views) that a user has access to is based on their role within the app. Admins have all menu items, standard Users have a very limited number of menu items, and I envision that a Support role could have a different set of menu items within this app. The idea is to control the access using the rules within the DB so we should be able to change any access level without touching the actual application. What would be nice is to have an event that fires when each menu item is processed to determine if it should be available. The event could determine if the menu item is fully accessible, view only (on the side navigation but disabled, no link), or not on the menu at all. Along with this, either the same event or a separate event should be available to determine if the requested View is accessible. This is necessary because if a user doesn't have access to a specific View, they shouldn't be able to go directly to it via the URL. I'll post an update when I figure out the best way to implement your workaround (within our app). Louis

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.