[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: PASOE - intermittent issue ("Error loading the .NET runtime. (14081)")

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Here is a quick update on this, I was able to find a way to recreate that error message and I sent it to over to Progress tech support. Hopefully my reproducible is accurately demonstrating the same type of circumstances that affect us in production. (The repro involves starting up more than one session that both try to use the CLR bridge at the exact same time, in the same agent process). The parameter, -preloadCLR, didn't seem to fix the problem. It may have made it worse. Once I had a repro, I was able to put synchronization control around the section of logic that interacts with the CLR bridge. I prevented multiple sessions from running that same section of code at the same time in the same agent. This seems to make the problem go away. My strategy uses record locks in a remote client/server database ... so it slows things down a *lot* more than I would like. (It appears that if there are two client/server sessions that both want a record lock on the same record at the same time, then one of them will be forced to wait an extra 2 seconds for the record to unlock, before trying again. I don't know if there is any way to control that 2 second overhead. )

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.