[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Error publishing webapp updates from PDSOE

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ssouthwe

PDSOE/PASOE 12.0 (But also happened frequently in 11.7.4) PAS dev instance is local. This happens frequently enough to seriously impact my productivity. After making some changes to some source code in PDSOE, The IDE will suddenly have some difficulty publishing the update to the local PAS instance. It will try over and over and never recover. You then have to go to the server in the Servers view, and remove the service. That's difficult because you only have a few seconds to do it successfully, otherwise you get a message about the "file" having changed since it was opened. So, you get maybe 5 seconds to delete it. Then when you re-add it, you get a pop-up dialog that says: "Problem in OpendEdge [sic] Explorer: Instance target directory already exists." Whenever this has happened, it has been a real struggle to get PDSOE resyncronized with the instance, sometimes requiring completely removing the server from PDSOE. In some cases it has gotten the instance so hosed that I just had to start from scratch. Every time it happens, I lose at least an hour. Other developers have told me not to bother, but I can't help but think that we should be able to reliably use the tool. My questions: 1. Is there some particular action to avoid to prevent PDSOE from doing this? 2. When this happens, what is the best way to proceed to get PDSOE resynced to the instance? 3. Is there something that can be done in the next version to make this less fragile, so that it recovers itself without having to do all of this? Wishlist : 4. Could we have a way to have PDSOE synchronize the whole codebase to the PAS instance without having to define an ABL WebSpeed Service? It doesn't move any files unless you define a service. 5. Can the timing of updates be adjusted, or set such that PDSOE sends the files immediately after saving them?

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.