[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: ABL(old) Form: Searching for an user tag/id in an static browser definition

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stefan Marquardt

Hello, i have this old style browser definition: define browse BrwSearchResult &ANALYZE-SUSPEND _UIB-CODE-BLOCK _DISPLAY-FIELDS BrwSearchResult MainWindow _FREEFORM query BrwSearchResult display TT.field1 format "x(15)" column-label "Nice field 1" TT.field2 format "x(08)" column-label "Nice field 2" formatdate(TT.field3) format "x(12)" column-label "Nice date" ... How can I add a kind of ID to each field in the display statement which can be queried as an attribute in the column handle (get-browse-column) of the browser? Like TT.field1 format "x(15)" column-label "Nice field 1" private-data "1" TT.field2 format "x(08)" column-label "Nice field 2" private-data "2" formatdate(TT.field3) format "x(12)" column-label "Nice date" private-data "3" Background: I like to have a kind of sequence which survives a later redefinition if more fields are inserted or removed Tried to set the private-data attribute for the column which should fit for my purpose, found in help for column widget, but doesn't compile in the way i tried Maybe my syntax is wrong? Tried to misuse the help attribute in the TT definition but this doesn't work for the fomatdate column where isn't a valid buffer-field to read the help attribute. Is this possible somehow?

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.