Progress 10.1.A on WIndows client

andersb

Hello all,

I've just installed Progress 10.1.A on my Windows client. Then I dumped a database on a unix host and loaded it into the database on the PC.
Then I started the character client and it all works, except for one thing:
I can't adjust the size on the window. That means that some things I want to see is outside the window, so I have to scroll to see what is missing.
When I start the character client I use this command:
C:\Program\Progress\Open Edge\Bin\_progres.exe -1 -pf DB.pf

Does this sound familliar to anyone?

Thanks

Anders

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
If I'm understanding you correctly you probably just want to adjust the size of the window in the properties of the shortcut. The "layout" tab is the one that controls number of rows & columns.

andersb

The problem is that the application i am running, normally on a unix server, where I am using Reflection, displays a menu.
When I choose something in that menu the application displays a new alternative on the bottom of the screen.
With Reflection I can see everything in the same window.
With the character client I have to scroll down approx 120 rows to see the message.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
The window is incorrectly sized.

Right-click on the icon, select "properties" then select "layout". Change the height in both the "screen buffer" and "window size".

dimitri.p

You didn't say if you have ot scroll horizontally or vertically.
The buffer size and window size will take care of having to scroll vertically but you might have to reduce the font size to "something smaller" too.

andersb

Tom and Dimitri, you were right!
I changed the heigt in screen buffer and window size to 25 and the window is almost perfect.
The font size is 8x12. I tried to change that too, but 8x12 was best.
Thankyou.

Anders