prodel utility

sureshp

Hi,

when i try to use the prodel utility to delete a database, it shows the below error.

bash: /progress9/91e/bin/prodel: cannot execute binary file

please help how can i run that utililty.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
What OS?

Have you changed something recently?

Do other Progress commands (prodb, procopy, proserve, proshut, mpro etc...) work properly?

Do you have execute permissions on prodel? Or it might be a permissions issues with $DLC/bin.

comatt1

Hi,

when i try to use the prodel utility to delete a database, it shows the below error.

bash: /progress9/91e/bin/prodel: cannot execute binary file

please help how can i run that utililty.

Do you possibly have multiple versions of Progress loaded, and the DLC is pointing to another Progress version.

I have encountered issues with prodel, different error, but still had problems (related to _dbutil) though.

sureshp

What OS?

Have you changed something recently?

Do other Progress commands (prodb, procopy, proserve, proshut, mpro etc...) work properly?

Do you have execute permissions on prodel? Or it might be a permissions issues with $DLC/bin.

tom,

1. i use linux SuSE FUSE Version 2.0.0-RC2-SL0/SLES-9

2. i never changed anything
3. yes other commands are working
4. i have DLC access

sureshp

What do these commands say?

file $DLC/bin/prodel
ls -l $DLC/bin/prodel
sum $DLC/bin/prodel

tom,

these are the results

1. /progress9/91e/bin/prodel: ELF 64-bit MSB executable, SPARC V9, version 1 (SYSV)
, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

2. -rwxrwx--x 1 dlc users 20096 Aug 22 15:16 /progress9/91e/bin/prodel

3. 28605 20

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
You're trying to run a SPARC executable on Linux? That seems wrong. Do the other, working, executables (like _progres) show a similar string? I see the following (for OE10) on my system:

$ file _progres
_progres: setuid ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, not stripped
$ file prodel
prodel: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, not stripped

I don't have 9.1e handy so I cannot compare the checksum but perhaps someone else can.