Pre-Shipper Shipper Workbench automation

sharikaganju

Hi All,

Have any of you tried automating the containerization part of 7.9.2 Pre-Shipper/Shipper Workbench. In our company there could be various scenarios like all Sales order lines in one box or 2 sales order lines in 1 box and rest in another box etc. I was thinking of providing a dymanic browse and they ask the user how do they want to box the shipper and in the end create a file to CIM load to 7.9.22 Shipper Gatway.

But has anyone tried this. If yes can you please provide me the code how to acheive the same. Or does someone have a better approach of doing the same.

We dont have RF Eagle for now and are not looking forward to buy it in the near future. But is there any other suggestions as per the development of the program goes.

Any kind of suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

W.Wulmsen

Hello Sharikaganju

I am using all the asked data manipulation with 7.9.2.
Prepaire data in query phase and create the (pre-)shippers with cim procedures.
When running in batch, you have possibility to add the item/containers in batch.
I have used 7.9.22 also a lot. This method is the best when the inventory is late in relation to the preparation of the shipping.
I cannot give you complete programs because they are owned by my customers.

William

sharikaganju

How do you run 7.9.2 in a batch with the CIM load ? I tried CIMMING but all sales order lines in 1 box does not work. QAD does not provide any option of adding another line to an added box. I mean it allows to add the first SO line but then to add another SO line in the same box QAD has no option for that in 7.9.2. And since there is no such option in 7.9.2 we cannot CIM load to it. I asked QAD about this but they asked me to use 7.9.22. But then we have defined Shipping group codes in 2.18.1 Shipping Group Maintenance so if we try to use 7.9.22 it does not pick the shipping group codes cause it creates a sequential shipper code of it own. Any solutions to such a scenerio ?

W.Wulmsen

Could you send me an example of a packing structure. Use the QAD terms and not your own.

First use 7.9.2 for creating a new shipper. Then use 7.9.22 to create the other levels.

sharikaganju

Packing could be something like this

scenerio1
shipper
level 1 ----box1
-------------------item1
----------------------------item2
------------------------------------item3

level1 ----box2
------------------item1

level1 -----box3
-------------------item1
----------------------------item2
------------------------------------item3

scenerio2

Shipper
level1----box
-----------------item1
-----------------item2
-----------------item3
-----------------item4

When I create the shipper using 7.9.2. How do I box it using 7.9.22. Can 7.9.22 box the shipper created by 7.9.2 ?