page output in .net ui

mjdarm

Hi all,

We are using QAD 2007.1 SP6 on .netUI interface.
We had customized the invoice and PO print. We are able to take the "page" output of the same using Character interface while the same is not happening in .Net UI.

We have used the core program as a base and changed for modifications required.
we tried maintaining in program maintenance as "desktop" but still the output doesn't come on page in .net ui.

Thanks in advance. Any help wikk be of much help.

Mugundan

mjdarm

There is no error displayed instead it shows the QAD desktop screen.

no flags are updated.
Iam able to take the same document print using CHUI.

Is the custom program interface coming OK?

What customisation is been done? Can you mal me the lines of code.

Have you tried putting simple messages if they appear? dont use "view-as alert-box".

mjdarm

Customization is done for PO & invoice print.
Interface is working. Iam able to input the number, dates, other user inputs.
the output is coming fine using CHUI.
we haven't given any message so view-as alert-box is not used.

rei

Hi all,
We are having the problem with .net UI.
We are using QAD Dot net and desktop User inteface VI.I.
To connect from client using .net interface its working perfectly for 1 window user in Ms Win XP. If we create new user everything working till detail view. When we click on next button from search form of any module it freezes at that point and it wont move forther
Can you people please help me

You need to be more specific on you simulation steps. ( screen shots)
How do you exit out of frozen screen ? any error message , have you checcked log files?

rei

Hi Kishor Chari,

I have a Windows XP Client system with Window user name 'user'.
QAD clent application works fine for this user for any QAD user account.

I have created a new windows XP client system user say 'user1'.
In this window account I can able to login to QAD .net client with any QAD user account.
But the problem is if I select any of the menu, say 'Item master', I wil get Search screen and all look ups in that screen, but when I click Next button nothing happens, window wil be showing busy icon for long time.

I checkd the log file its showing authentication failure. Can you please help me regarding the security issue if any with this senario.

As we wish to move all window work group users to Domain users.

There is no authentication reqd once you are logged in to MFG/PRO. You are clicking next button that surely doesnt need security check. Can you use short cut for "next" and see if that works. Send a screen shot as well.

rei

Hi Kishor Chari,

I am attaching the screen shot.
When I click Next button it waits with wait cursor for long time...

Attachments

• erp.jpg
    erp.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 34
Is it happening for all users?
Is this happening for all programs?
Is the program customised?

Have you tried pressing enter instead of clicking 'Next' ?

rei

For 1 windows user per system it is working fine for all QAD login users.
If a new wnodws user is created it is not working for any of QAD login users from that new window user. Is ther any security issue of any .Net Framework related issue?.
I tried pressing Enter Key, same result its not moving forword...

rei

Yes, With same rights I have created.
I also tried to create differnt types of users as windows workgroup as wel as Domain users. But result is same.

'next' button in a maintenance screen or a report and
the session just hangs.
Cause:New Domain added to the network. The Network Properties did not reflect the domain name correctly
on some of the machines.Fix:please check PC Host and Services file to ensure connective Domains (paths to all components/Tiers of the .NET and MFG/PRO application) are Present.

rei

Hi Kishor Chari,

I checked the log file. There is no error entry. Still it struck at Next button. No move from there after, its showing wait cursor for long time. What may be the cause of the problem. I can log in to QAD. Its showing menu list on left. I can select any menu from initial screen. In search page all list items are working. But after I click Next its not moving forward.
Please help me out.

subhendra

Hi,

I have the somewhat the similar issue with .NET 2.7.3 version QAD 2008 SE. My problem was when i attached any custom program (may be changing strandard QAD program and adding one additional column) in custom menu, output to page was not working. It was showing the QAD desktop screen. But if the same custom program was attached to standard QAD menu, the output to page was working.

It was a bug in .NET UI 2.7.3 as per QAD. They have asked me to install 2.8 which was released in April 2009.