│12:34:56 07/08/09│
└─────────────────┘
:)

Code:
┌─────────────────┐
│12:34:56 07/08/09│
└─────────────────┘
:)

Yeah, but you posted it a couple of minutes late, otherwise you'd have won the £1000 ProgressTalk nerd prize which will now rollover to the next one in 125 years time, at which point it will be worth a whole credit crunch.

StuartT

Yeah, but you posted it a couple of minutes late, otherwise you'd have won the £1000 ProgressTalk nerd prize which will now rollover to the next one in 125 years time, at which point it will be worth a whole credit crunch.

125 years time?
As far as I can see the next will be 01:23:45 06/07/89 which is just short of 80 years then again at 12:34:56 07/08/2109 I dont get the 125 years bit am I missing something obvious?

kolonuk

Well, I suppose I could have written a progress program to automate the posting... But it might have been difficult using progress to get it on screen and post it at the same time...

I'll have myself frozen and try again... :D

kolonuk

i'm sure there are quite a few things you can do with dates and times... in fact, there is probably a website dedicated to it!

125 years time?
As far as I can see the next will be 01:23:45 06/07/89 which is just short of 80 years then again at 12:34:56 07/08/2109 I dont get the 125 years bit am I missing something obvious?

It was just an arbitrary number I used to serve a 'joke'.

These 'ultra rare' time and dates actually occur every few months in their various combinations, though the text I received about it today from a gullible friend assured me I'd have to wait another 2000 years for the next one.

Well, I suppose I could have written a progress program to automate the posting...

That would be nerdy enough to get you banned, lest you give us programmers a bad name.