Negative receiver for memo item using 5.13.16 PO Fisacl Receiving

Mokash

I want to make negative receiver of Memo item.

1] I have created PO through PO maintenance 5.7 for Memo item
2] Then I have created shipper through 5.13.16 PO fiscal receiving
3] Then I have created PO Shipper receipt 5.13.20
4] Then I have checked in 3.21.1 Transaction RCT-PO for this receiver qty has changed from location.
5] Then i realize it is not proper receiver so i have opened the line of Purchase order by revisiting it.
6] Then i tried to make negative Shipper through 5.13.16 PO fiscal receiving but it is showing error "Quantity Available at site location for lot/serial is 0"
7] I have given the same lot/serial,site,location as before.
8] As it is memo item inventory is not available and i cant check it.
9] Kindly guide how to make negative receiver for Memo Items.

A purchase return indicates that you are returning materials to a supplier; perhaps they sent too many or the items were defective. The material can be taken from inspection, inventory, or work in process (WIP). Receiving history is generated for matching against the supplier invoice in Accounts Payable.
First, specify the PO number. If all items received on a PO are to be returned, you can process the return by setting Return All to Yes. This sets the Quantity to Return to the Quantity Received for each line item on the PO, streamlining the return process.

Items may be returned for credit, or the supplier may replace defective items. If you expect to receive more items as a replacement, set Return to Replace to Yes. In this case, MFG/PRO automatically adds a new line to the original PO for the returned quantity.
All fields on the new PO line default to the values for the returned line item except that Order Quantity shows the quantity returned, and Qty Received is set to zero. The line number is set to the highest line on the PO plus one. The new line updates quantity on order, MRP, and transaction history just like any other PO line.

Next, you can enter information about the return on a comment screen. In general, to move from one screen to the next you press Go, except when you are entering comments. Since multiple pages of comments can be entered, the system will keep prompting you to enter more until you signal that you are done by pressing End.
Then, MFG/PRO lists line items and the Quantity Received for each. At the bottom, enter the quantity to return for each line item and specify the Site, Location, Lot/Serial, and Ref. If you set Multi Entry to Yes, another screen pops up for you to enter a list of sites, locations, lot/serial, and lot reference numbers, and a quantity for each one. You can enter a reason code and comments for each line item returned.

If Return All is Yes, return lines are set up with items taken out of the site and location (or work order) specified on the PO. If you are returning from a different place, type in the return information for that line. Lot/serial numbered items must always be manually returned to record the correct lot/serial number.
Once all of the information has been entered, press Go. Optionally, another screen displays a summary of what you just entered. If it is correct, press Go to process the inventory update; otherwise enter No or press End to go back and change it.

You can process returns against any PO, open or closed, returning up to the received quantity. If you want to replace items, enter a replacement order in Purchase Order Maintenance or increase the quantity on an open PO.
Returns affect the Supplier Performance Report.
Subcontract items are returned out of WIP. The return updates the quantity completed at the WO operation.
A complete audit trail of all inventory transactions is maintained in transaction history (tr_hist). These can be reviewed using Transactions Detail Inquiry. Each transaction is identified by a transaction number and a transaction type (ISS-PRV).

All general ledger transactions are stored in the unposted transaction file until they are posted. Unposted transactions can be reviewed using Unposted Transaction Inquiry. Transactions created in modules other than GL can be reviewed and deleted using GL Transaction Delete/Archive. The GL entries are the reverse of those created by Purchase Order Receipts.
If you process an incorrect quantity in this transaction, you can reverse it by processing the same transaction again with a negative quantity. Be sure to enter the same site, location, lot/serial, and lot reference numbers as you entered on the original transaction. After you reverse the original entry entirely, process this transaction again with the correct quantity. This maintains a complete audit trail.

Do not use a negative Purchase Order Receipt to process a return; it does not update supplier performance history.
See Purchase Order Maintenance, Purchase Order Receipts, and Purchasing Control File. For a detailed description of each of the data fields and their use, see the on-line field help. For a list of which programs use this data, use the System Cross-Reference functions.