Need to change primary entity/site!

DelaneyB

We need to set up a seperate domain because of a sale of a segment of our company. [Note EB2.1 out of QAD maintenance ] It will be available to the new business for 90 days until they can wean out of our system. The problem is the Entity code was used as the primary entity in our db. I read the QAD help on primary entity and it says don't change it. I am stuck and have a 12 hour turn around to get the new domain up without harming our domain (love lawyers who sign agreements without contact IT dept!). So, what happens if I switch out primary domain & site? (Throw me a bone PLEASE!)

Thanks!
DelaneyB

We need to set up a seperate domain because of a sale of a segment of our company. [Note EB2.1 out of QAD maintenance ] It will be available to the new business for 90 days until they can wean out of our system. The problem is the Entity code was used as the primary entity in our db. I read the QAD help on primary entity and it says don't change it. I am stuck and have a 12 hour turn around to get the new domain up without harming our domain (love lawyers who sign agreements without contact IT dept!). So, what happens if I switch out primary domain & site? (Throw me a bone PLEASE!)

Thanks!
DelaneyB

Hi Delaney,

this is from QAD Knowledgebase

need to change the existing primary entity to a new primary entity code

It is not recommended to change the primary entity of the database once transactions have taken place. The following is a list of what needs to be done to change the primary entity:
- Add the new entity in 25.3.1 Entity Code Maintenance (glenmt.p)
- Add the new entity to sites in 1.1.13 Site Maintenance (icsimt.p)
- Enter the new entity in 36.1 System/Account Control File (mgglpm.p)
- Change the entity on bank codes, AP vouchers, AR invoices, and credit memos*.
- Set up new entity security in 36.5.13 Entity Security Maintenance (glsecmt.p)
- Run 25.3.3 Entity Code Change (glennew.p) - this utility only changes G/L records and will
only change to an entity without transactions.
- Delete the old entity in 25.3.1 Entity Code Maintenance (glenmt.p)

*NOTE: You cannot change the entity on A/P vouchers, AR Invoices, and Dr/Cr Memos that have already been created. These in-process transactions with the old entity will need to be paid, etc. with the old entity depending on the module. For this reason, a new bank should be set up with the new entity code and the old bank code with the old entity left in place until these transactions are paid, etc. Before posting the transactions, the entity can be modified in 25.13.1 Standard Transaction Maintenance (gltrmt.p) to the new entity.

HTH,
Shiva

DelaneyB

THANKS! - Actually I was praying for a QAD/PROGRESS miracle when I posted my help message - and while I was waiting started to move ahead and created a new entity site setup in the new domain - I "knew" that what I would probably have to do to stay clean - just was praying!

Thanks!
DelaneyB

THANKS! - Actually I was praying for a QAD/PROGRESS miracle when I posted my help message - and while I was waiting started to move ahead and created a new entity site setup in the new domain - I "knew" that what I would probably have to do to stay clean - just was praying!

Thanks!
DelaneyB

Thats g8...