Loading extra languages in EB21 GUI

DelaneyB

I need to load the latin spanish laguage set into my QAD eb21 GUI environment. I have 11 years character experience but little GUI experience outside a classroom - can anyone help?

I am at the point where the QAD directions say to start QAD in single user mode - from experience I would run a progress command from the command prompt and then load the .d file but these instructions look like they are firing up a GUI client in single user mode and I am stumped.

Once I get through this piece the instructions are to run mgdload.p - which I can see in the encryted directory.

Any help would be appreciated - I want my nice CHUI env back!

Based on your installation option you could have chui/gui/desktop2 interface.
If chui is installed then use chui session and execute mgload.p.

Apart from Navigation keys and output options there is no difference between gui & chui.

There are many methods to implement and manage a multi language environment.

METHOD 1: Maintain multiple /<lang> code directories and have separate empty databases for compilation of these languages.

METHOD 2: Maintain 1 database, 1 /<lang> directory however 'trick' MFG/PRO to use the same /<lang> directory but for the
Additional languages.

**Because of the re-architecture of mfgpro ( the loading of translated label and messages) the 'displayable' portions of the code have
been removed from the code-base to make the code base generic , and the language -specific information now exists in tables.
In the following example: the base language will be Chinese (CH), and the subsequent language will be English (US)
- Load the base language (Example:Chinese) into the database and compile using 'undefined code page'.
The .r code goes into the /ch directory.
- Then load the subsequent language cds' . Do not recompile
- Keep only this one empty database set for compiles.
- For the production database make modifications to the following for each subsequent language:
36.4.1 Language Code Maintenance mglmmt.p
LANGUAGE ID: US <keep the additional languages>
DIRECTORY: CH <set to the base language, so the /ch .r code is used.
Also you may need to adjust some labels such as the Yes/No logical. Example Portuguese.
36.4.17.1 Label Master Maintenance gplblmt.p
LANGUAGE ID: PO
TERM: <enter the term that is seen by the base language code such as "Yes" , that needs to be changed.>
LONG LABEL: Si < this is the replacement term for the word "Yes" for the Portuguese language.>