index error 7967 in OpenEdge

I have a very curious issue.

I have one set of base code for our QAD environment (eB2.1). I am upgrading to OpenEdge 10.1C from Progress V9.1D.

I have a single Roundtable repositiory with RTB 10.1C and 9.1D on top of it. All code changes are done in 9.1D, but are compiled from both.

We have a program that we are having issues.

We can compile in both environments without errors. But when we run the code we get the 7967 error. The database index mentioned in the error is for a database where no schema changes have been made. It is essentially the same database in both environemts with conv910 run to convert to OpenEdge.

The error cause seems to be schema related, but there have been no schema changes in 3 years. Could this be conversion related? Could it be code related? Anything else that I might not have listed here?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I believe that that particular error essentially means that the db that the r-code is running against is NOT the db that the code was compiled against. Perhaps there is something different about the way that you are connecting databases to compile vs. the way that they are being connected at run time?

Tom wins the golden ring!
The code that was calling this particular code had a connection to another db, not the db that was showing up in the error (still curious). The connection string was using the service port for the Progress 9.1D database. I changed the compile path to point to that database instead of the OE database and it now works!

I tried very hard to push for a stop to all version 9 development during our OE upgrade, but got voted down. As a result, I have both version 9 and version 10 dbs running on the same server (and hence two different service ports for each db). This is the third time where this has come to bite me in the doopa.

Thanks to all of you for your input!