How to use Microsoft TABSTRIP control 6.0

evolution

Hello everyone,

I have OpenEdge 10.2a. I would really like to know how to use the Microsoft TABSTRIP control 6.0 in order to make tabs. I want the tabs to display different database fields or different sections. If that is hard, could I do the same thing with Microsoft Forms 2.0 Tabstrip. These are all under the OCX section in the APP builder of OpenEdge 10.2a.

Thank You
Evolution

lord_icon

Why are you wanting to use a third party control ??
Just use the Progress supplied tab folder. What is wrong with this control ??

evolution

I am trying to avoid smart objects as I have no knowledge on using them. Training never mentioned smart objects.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
You have 10.2A. Why one earth are you messing around with App Builder and OCXs? Use the .NET stuff. It is millions of times better than "smart" objects and thousands of times better than an OCX.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
The major enhancement with 10.2A was the "Advanced GUI for .NET". In many ways it was the whole point of the 10.2 release. You get support for full-blown .NET UI and a brand new "Visual Designer" as part of OpenEdge Architect (the replacement for Provision). You can use the base Microsoft controls (fairly limited) or you can buy the Infragistics controls (a couple of hundred bucks) from PSC (supported by PSC) or from IF or you can add any other .NET controls suite.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
There should be a "Visual Designer" perspective when you start it up.

You mentioned training. Wasn't this covered?

evolution

No, training never covered this topic, and when I worked for 5 years, never had the company I worked for tell me to use tabs.
hmm, now Architect won't run. It gives me an error telling me to check the log files. Ill see what I can do.

Thank You

UPDATE, this is what it shows in the log that it wanted me to check.

!SESSION 2010-03-07 17:47:57.640 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=I20080617-2000
java.version=1.5.0_11
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_CA
Framework arguments: -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 0 0 2010-03-07 17:48:00.343
!MESSAGE Product com.openedge.pdt.core.product could not be found.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-03-07 17:48:00.562
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:236)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:382)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)

Thank You