How to make Single receiver for Multiple PO

kunalpathak

Dear All,

Thanks in advance and hopeful to get some clues from you all.

We send Relesed POs to Suppliers and it may happen that for a month we may send him 5-6 Releases and he send us material in one single Chalan. In this case we had to prepare multiple RECEIVERS agains one chalan whereas we want only One Receiver No. to be generated agains multiple POs selected during receipt. Is there any way out or any clue to do some customisation.

Our Version Details
MFGPRO eb2
Progress 9.1 e

Thanks to all in advance

The best would be to accept the po nbr . ln , qty, lot recd in a simple screen and cim it in, best is get the supplier to email you a csv file and load(cim) it.This is what I have done for a client. If you want I can email you the source ...mail me on support@mss-ie.com

sharkdim

Best on your requirement ,i think your supplier's means is one po not one receive, you can't use .5.7 for your supplier ,but 5.5.1.13(Scheduled Order Maintenance Supplier)

Dear All,

Thanks in advance and hopeful to get some clues from you all.

We send Relesed POs to Suppliers and it may happen that for a month we may send him 5-6 Releases and he send us material in one single Chalan. In this case we had to prepare multiple RECEIVERS agains one chalan whereas we want only One Receiver No. to be generated agains multiple POs selected during receipt. Is there any way out or any clue to do some customisation.

Our Version Details
MFGPRO eb2
Progress 9.1 e

Thanks to all in advance

kunalpathak

Thnaks sharkdim for that and we would be using it but there is one more possibility e.g.

supplier X suppling 10 items is having one PO with 10 lines for each item now in between year there is price change of one item so we generate new PO with that line item and close the line in previous PO so here in this case there are 2 POs for one supplier and even if we use Supplier Schedules there is possibility of 1 chalan with 2 POs and hence the prob will remain as it is.

I have had talk with QAD Support and they have said clear no to any possibility in standard flow of the system reasoning the PK issue in prh_hist table.

I am looking for if any customisation can be done any idea???

Best on your requirement ,i think your supplier's means is one po not one receive, you can't use .5.7 for your supplier ,but 5.5.1.13(Scheduled Order Maintenance Supplier)

The best is to use the user field to accept your vendor receiver nbr. and let mfg/pro do as standard. then customise report/ inquiries to show vendor receiver number as well. Even at payment stage simply customise the help function to show the receiver nbr and vendor receiver as well.

Kunal if you back and look at the issue answer one simple what is the importance of Vendor receiver nbr to your business? In what way the above effort is going to help your company.