Google ads

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
I'm curious what search terms you are using for the Google ads at the top. Golden Code seems to show up a lot.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Yes, I suppose that is why I haven't been seeing them all along, but with this new UI, I have been forced to IE ... unless Chris has fixed the FF problems and not told us.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Fixed? No one said so ... and currently I get a white screen in FF with any progresstalk.com URL.

Apparently I was just lucky, since when I posted this, I got a server error from the IE session. FF now brings up a screen at least.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
The FireFox issues have been resolved... this was actually a vBulletin bug.

Yes, I suppose that is why I haven't been seeing them all along, but with this new UI, I have been forced to IE ... unless Chris has fixed the FF problems and not told us.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
The Google Ads just show up, I don't have (much) control over them, other then being able to block certain ones if I wanted to. Google has an index of all ProgressTalk pages and serves up ads on each page based on the keywords that it finds on the page. So on a thread discussing Microsoft software, you might see MS related ads. I believe that sponsors should also have the ability to turn them off as well (not positive if this is still setup, I'll have to check).

I only earn money when the ads are clicked on, so if you don't find them useful you can always use add-ins to block them. It's just a way that I use to help offset costs of running the servers here, my colocation and bandwidth costs are $165/month.

I'm curious what search terms you are using for the Google ads at the top. Golden Code seems to show up a lot.