Answered Generate list of users

urgent

Hello,
On Linux Red Hat 5 – OE 90 or se2010
How can you generate a list of user account that exists in the database that includes “Active” & “Inactive” accounts?
Does that have to be via a statement in prog edit? Or can a menu generate that task and output to a specific file such as .csv.

Thanks.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
"OE90 or se2010": I have no idea what this means.

If your users are set up in _User, the database user table, then you can write a simple ABL program to get that data.

If your application uses an external authentication source then _User may be empty. In that case you are referring to application-specific users, and I think you may be based on the "active/inactive" designation. So the solution would also be application-specific.

Can you provide more information about your situation?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Code:
for each _user no-lock:
  display _user.
end.

Will get you a list of users.

Active or inactive is undefined and not part of the "out of the box" database.

dulecki

"SE2010" makes me think QAD, since that is a valid QAD version. If that's the case, you'll look at the usr_mstr table in QAD. OR consider looking at the User Account Status Report (36.3.23.2), which gives you a list of users and their (in)active status.

If it's not QAD, explain some more.

urgent

Rob: I was referring to QAD application version, I just noticed that there a whole section for that in these forums. Next time I ll post it there my bad.
And yes it is based on the active\inactive sometimes group’s if it’s older version of MFG and sometimes an actual flag if dealing with newer version.

Tom: This worked for me, however am not very knowledgeable when it gets to 4gl J I used something very similar as a sql statement.

Duleck: due to timing of this request I didn't have much time to script something so I ended up using this method you referred to.

As an fyi: we have put Cyber Query reports to generate such list for future requests.

Thank you everyone for the help…

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for confirming the nature of the request. I will move this thread over to the right forum now. :)