Question Font

Good day,

I edited a font to use it for a text object. But when i run the system still no change at all, just the color.

Actually, i cuztomized the font to arial and italicize.

I only wanted the text to be italicize, if anyone knows about a code for making a text to italic it would be helpful.

Any replies would be so much appreciated.

Osborne

One possible option.

In the ini file add a font line entry for [fonts]:

font9=Arial, size=12, italic

Ensure font 9 is selected for the text object:
Code:
DEFINE VARIABLE vFontTest AS CHARACTER FORMAT "X(9)" INITIAL "Font Test" VIEW-AS TEXT SIZE 11 BY 1 FONT 9 NO-UNDO.

DISP vFontTest WITH NO-LABEL.

Osborne

I am using Text object...can't find to ensure if the font is set to 9
Not quite sure what you mean by this. Do you mean adding a text object using the AppBuilder? If so, double-click the text object, select the Font button, scroll to and select number 9 then OK twice. If meaning something else please outline the exact workings.

Osborne

That suggests that although you have set the font it is not set in the ini file or maybe looking at a different ini file. Run this for you session:
Code:
MESSAGE SESSION:STARTUP-PARAMETERS VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX.
The ini file the session is using will appear something like "-ininame C:\ProgressProgs\progress.ini". Check this file to see if the font line exists. However, if no ini file appears in the message then it looks as though the session is using the standard Progress one - normally found in C:\Progress\OpenEdge\bin - and does not have the font line.