Error 6107 and 6061

gnome

Hi Masters,

I'm wondering if someone has encountered error 6107 and 6061.

I have my progress version 9.0B installed in c:\program files\progress9.0B having folder name Progress9.0B and can run my application. The next thing is when I installed Openedge 10.1B in c:\progress\openedge10.1B with folder name OpenEdge10.1B, My application generates an error 6107 and 6061.
Code:
Read version 3 from convmap.cp. Expected version is 5.<6107>
Unable to read header information from file convmap.cp.<6061>

Again when i uninstalled my Openedge 10.1B, my application worked again.
By the way, my progress9.0B application is CHUI running in windows 2003 server.

Please help me with this.
Thanx a lot.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
This is probably an environment issue. Make sure that you don't have any environment variables like DLC or PROMSGS pointing to the old or new Progress installation. If you have multipe versions of Progress running on your system. you can't use global environment settings pointing to a specific Progress installation.

HTH,
Casper.

gnome

Hi,

Do you have any advice where or what settings should I check? I'm really wondering because I installed them in completely different paths.

And if I remove my new Version(OpenEdge10.1B), My CHUI application works fine again.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Environment variables such as PATH, DLC, PROMSGS, PROCFG, (actually PRO*) are all suspicious. These can be found on control panel -> system -> advanced -> environment variables (button).

Did you really say 9.0B? As in Nine Dot Zero Bee?

gnome

Hi Sir Tom,
The Issue was resolved when i change the system variable named "PATH",

from

C:\orant\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin;c:\Progress\OpenEdge10.1B\bin

to

C:\orant\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin;c:\Program Files\Progress9.0B\bin

It worked, but I'm not sure if it will not affect my applications running in OpenEdge 10.1B. So far, both my applications in Progress 9.0B and OpenEdge 10.1B works fine. Thanx for the help guys.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
OE10 does not use the PATH variable to find its executables. So you're ok.

If you have OE10 why are you still using 9.0? 9.zero is not only ancient, obsolete and unsupported but it was also a fairly, umm, "idiosyncratic" release. You really, really ought to upgrade that.

gnome

I'm thinking about that too. I'm currently working on a proposal of upgrading all apps to higher version. But I am thinking that if the upgrade takes place it should be in GUI not in CHUI which will take some time.

Regards

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I would keep it ChUI for the purpose of quickly and easily getting to a single, common Progress release and then address transforming it to GUI.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
The version change and the UI change should be considered separately. The version change might help enable the UI change, but whether it does or doesn't the version change is easy and quick and unambiguously a good thing ... so just do it and figure out the other stuff later.

When you get to thinking about the UI move, you might want to take a look at http://www.cintegrity.com/content/Request-Expression-Interest