[Stackoverflow] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Openedge - bindingRedirect not working with C# dll

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CephDigital

I've made a C# dll file that uses RestSharp V110.2.0 so it requires System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe V6.0.0 to work so getting rid of it is out of the question. I made a little test UI for the dll and it works fine. In the project properties, "Auto-generate binding redirects" is on and there is a bindingRedirect section in the app.config file. Auto generate binding redirects is enabled

And this is the app.config file.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <runtime>
        <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
            <dependentAssembly>
                <assemblyIdentity name="System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
                <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.0.0.0" newVersion="6.0.0.0"/>
            </dependentAssembly>
        </assemblyBinding>
    </runtime>
</configuration>

Openedge reads the dll file but whenever I try to use methods that use RestSharp (which is pretty much every method in the dll), I get this error message. The V6.0.0.0 dll is already in my assemblies folder so I can't add the version it's asking for.

Error message

Putting the version it asks for in the GAC does solve the problem on my end but it's not something I can do for other people who cannot GAC dlls. Is there any other solution for this problem?

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.