Editable Multiline Frame ?

rumi

Hi guys,
i would like to make a editable frame over temp-table...is it possible?
I have temp-table with oreders - and i would like to display 10 orders in one frame and update one logical field..is it possible thru frames with DOWN or is it possible only with query with BROWSE?

Thanks

Rumi

RealHeavyDude

Yes it is possible.

But you don't mention anything regarding your OS, Progress/OpenEdge version and whether this is GUI or ChUI.

Depending on this information the solution for your requirement would be completely different.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

rumi

Hi,
os - linux,
progress - version 10.2b05
gui

I need to make a editable frame, with for example 10 records on one 'pege', and been possible to edit a field on each record(type logical)

DEFINE TEMP-TABLE t-zakazky NO-UNDO
FIELD t-zakazka AS CHARACTER
FIELD t-zakaznik AS CHARACTER
FIELD t-mesto AS CHARACTER
FIELD t-vybrano AS LOGICAL INITIAL TRUE

FOR EACH t-zakazky:
DISPLAY t-zakazka
t-zakaznik
t-mesto
WITH FRAME b.
UPDATE t-vybrano WITH FRAME b.
END.

Thanks

Rumi

RealHeavyDude

On Linux, unless you run the Progress in Wine, you are running a ChUI client in a terminal - therefore this is not GUI.

How do you code - just in the procedure editor or do you use a WYSIWYG tool like the AppBuilder ( damn, did I really mention it? ) or the Progress Developer Studio ( Eclipse plug-in )?

If you code in a simple editor, you could either use the form or the define frame statement to define the characteristics of the frame. You could also use the browse widget which is also available in ChUI.

Code:
form myField1 myField2 with frame myFrame1 10 down.

You could also append the "10 down" to the display statement.

Please bear with me - it is some 20 years ago since last time I coded for ChUI ...

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

TheMadDBA

There are some very old school ways to do this that would require a lot of code.... use a browse and save yourself hours of grief and eventual rewrite when those features get dropped from the language.