Digital Signature - India - MFG Pro - EA 2009

paulrace

Good Morning All,

Regarding the use of Digital Signatures on Sales Invoices in India.

In India all Sales Invoices and Copies must be signed by an authorised person in 2 places.

When upgrading to EA 2009 recently we also switched to Laser Invoices. Now our despatch department must sign 10 times for each invoice ( 5 copies - 2 places ).

I am advised by QAD that we can configure and use digital signatures in MFG Pro which would be a great step forward.

I have done some reading around as I'm not Indian and I know the local rules are very complicated. It appears digital signatures can be used if we obtain a certificate from a Licensed Certifying Authority such as Tata consulting services or N Code Solutions.

Is anyone out there using digital signatures with EA 2009 - in India ? If so, do you have the certificate and who did you get it from. Do we actually need it ?

I believe the information above is correct, however, as mentioned I am not from India and have relied on my colleagues and QAD for the information.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Thanks Kishor, Of course I have contact QAD India already but no success, I don't think they know the answer or see it as their issue.

If I get no other response then of course I will contact either Tata or one of the other Certified authorities. I was hoping that someone out there might of already gone through this process, so I can share the experience and hopefully short-cut some of the application process as I guess the process would mean certifying MFG Pro is some way.

Paul, I will be very suprised if this is deployed in India esp EA2009. Contact TCS they would have something for you. Have you deployed it outside India? I have seen elementary solutions where scanned signature is affixed on the document.

Back