Answered Database Administration Console - default user

meravsap

Hi,

I installed the Progress OpenEdge 11.0 - RDBMS evaluation software, when I open the Database Administration Console, it prompts for a userName and passWord, my question is: what username and password I need to fill in?
In the installation process I didn't supply any username an password, and I tried the windows user account, I get "Unauthorized" all the time, please help me.

Thanks.

Mike Reys

Hi,

I installed the Progress OpenEdge 11.0 - RDBMS evaluation software, when I open the Database Administration Console, it prompts for a userName and passWord, my question is: what username and password I need to fill in?
In the installation process I didn't supply any username an password, and I tried the windows user account, I get "Unauthorized" all the time, please help me.

Thanks.

Have your found the answer yet? I'm also using the evaluation version and it comes with very little documentation!

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Glad about that. I have no idea where it's mentioned, but it seems it's the default password for such things. I remember reading it somewhere! No idea where though.

RealHeavyDude

Almost all software vendors I know - and that includes Progress - are notorious for high quality documentation. On the other hand, whe really reads large documentation sets nowadays? Mostly one would suspect that basic functionality is accessible out-of-the-box with a minimum effort. A kick-start if you want to. The combination of admin/admin as username / passwort is pretty common these days ...

Maybe some of them still think that people will buy education from them under these circumstances.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

cj_brandt

Electronic Doc -
OpenEdge Management and OpenEdge Explorer - Getting Started.
Using the Console
Starting OEM or OEE
Logging on
If you are logging on for the first time, type the user name admin and the password admin