Creating Read Only Access for ODBC

superfly18

Hello! I need to cofngire read only access to our Progress db for some consultants. I've been doing some research, and have found that there are a few ways to force access through ODBC to be read only. The first is to set the ODBC client to Read Only; and the second is to create a user login that is read only that would be used when we accessed data through the ODBC client.

My question is, that I've been googling for a while and can't seem to find a script to create a read-only login (we are on 10.1.c). Can someone please help point me in the right direction? Also, which ODBC driver has an option to force read only. I was not able to see that option when setting up an ODBC connection using the OpenLink ODBC driver that I have.

Please help!

vinod_home

There is two parts to this.
1. Setting privileges within the Progress database for table access. Search Progress knowledge base entry by ID: P95289. Using this process you only would grant "select" privileges if you dont want them to change the data within the database. Also read up on "sql grants" within the progress knowledge base for more information.
2. Configure ODBC on the client machine/server to "read uncommitted".

HTH