What is the block size of your original DB? You can check it in promon->
7. Database Status
Database block size (bytes): xxx

Best regards,
Gabor

Hi,

I think you are using Progress Workgroup Server. As KBase 20831
says
"Only the Enterprise Database Server license allows this feature. However, it does not prevent you from creating single-volume databases with different block sizes, as Progress provides the empty databases for each blocksize we support (empty1, empty2, empty4, empty8)."

Regards,
Gabor

U

Unregistered

hi!

yes im using workgroup.

i was able to convert by copying from the empty4 db and dumping from source db then load to multi vol db. quite a lengthy task.

was also able to convert using prostrct convert. both requires me to bring down my db for a long time.

got another question. when my all my db extents are filled, and progress is now using the var length db, if i prostrct add. what will be the size of my previous var db? it's size prior to add?

if i do an add, progress will now use the new extent and fix the size of the last var length db?

thank you!

Hi,

There are two possibilities:

No.1: If the variable length extent is not used then you should remove it before adding further extents. It is recommended to add a fixed and variable length extent in one step.

No.2: If the variable length extent is used then Progress fixes its length when you perform the add extent function. Therefore recommended to add an empty fixed length extent to your DB before variable length extent becomes used.

Regards,
Gabor