CHUI Browse Navigation

lee_shelton

Progress 8.3c on SCO Unix.
The docs say that to go from field to field in an update browse to use EDITOR-TAB (Ctrl-G) and BACK-TAB (Ctrl-U).

This works, but I can't roll out a screen telling users to do a ctrl-g/u.

So I thought I would try to use an event and then apply "EDITOR-TAB" to the browse.

Using apply "EDITOR-TAB" does not any effect (neither does apply "CTRL-G" -- thought I would try).

Does anyone else have any column navigation ideas that are more intuitive than ctrl-g / ctrl-u?

Thanks

lee_shelton

Sorry, is it okay to reply to myself?

I found that, while in a browse widget, pressing TAB has a different LAST-EVENT:FUNCTION value than TAB in a fill-in widget. TAB on a fill-in shows LAST-EVENT:Function='TAB' and LAST-EVENT:Label='TAB'.

However, TAB from an update browse (CHUI)shows LAST-EVENT:Function='' (Blank or Null) and LAST-EVENT:Label='ESC-z'

Also, I succeeded with a simple APPLY "entry" to [FIELD] in browse [browse name] to navigate among columns.

Apologies for overlooking that, but I did think that the TAB behavior might be of interest to others.

Thanks

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lee_shelton:
Sorry, is it okay to reply to myself?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure it's ok... glad you were able to figure it out so quickly
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Apologies for overlooking that, but I did think that the TAB behavior might be of interest to others.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for posting the follow up. I wasn't aware of this behavior myself, I would have thought the last-event would have been TAB for both fill-in and browse widgets.

-Chris

------------------
Chris Schreiber
ProgressTalk.com Manager
chris@fast4gl.com